- This event has passed.
Fernie Seedy Saturday
February 23 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fernie Seedy Saturday will showcase the world of seeds for gardeners, nature lovers and plant lovers!
There will be colourful and engaging displays and information on:
- Saving your own garden seeds, seed cleaning and storage tips
- Understanding biodiversity and world seed security
- Creating compost and vermicompost for healthy plants and gardens
Seed Swap and Sale: Gardeners are encouraged to bring their locally grown seeds to share for swapping. Gardeners without seeds to share may take seeds home for a small cash donation.
Café, bake sale, short films, and kids’ activities
Guest Vendors and Displays:
- Wildrose Heritage Seed Company from Lethbridge & A’Bunadh Seeds from Cherhill AB – Both seed producers will have their own excellent seeds to sell and be on hand to talk about their farms and growing for seed harvest.
- Earthly Matters from Coaldale AB will be selling Worm Factory composters, composting worms, worm castings, Azonite, and their super soil blend.
Local Authors will be on hand for book-signing and sales
- Terry Nelson: Fernie Area Hiking Trails and Natural Plant Compendium
- Jen Heath & Helen McAllister: Down to Earth: Cold Climate Gardening
Fernie Heritage Library will display a selection of gardening books, which can be checked out onsite by Library members.Valley Vitals will have a display of their composting and food reclamation projects.
Keeping Food Real online gardening courses
Gaetane of Naturaleza Ag will be demonstrating how to produce microgreens for a bumper crop in your own home.
Our Cold Climate Seed Library Project will be inviting new members (lifetime membership fee $10) and offering seeds to members who are ready to grow out, save and contribute seeds back to our new library.
Event co-hosted by the Fernie Community EcoGarden and the Fernie Family Garden. Proceeds go to Our Cold Climate Seed Library Project in Fernie. Supported by Wildsight Elk Valley and Seeds of Diversity Canada.
More Info: firstname.lastname@example.org