To plan for having an adequate number of fly pollinators at all times during the carrot flowering period you can map out the lifecycle of the fly to create a schedule and breeding plan. This could look something like the following based on a typical fly lifecycle: Fly Breeding Schedule.
Newsletter Sign up
Recent Blog Posts
- BC Seed Gathering – BC Seed Trials Tour at UBC Farm October 15, 2017
- Gleaning from the Variety Showcase October 9, 2017
- Carrot Seed Harvest Started August 30, 2017
- 2017 BC Seed Gathering – Registration is Now Open August 17, 2017
- Field Day Beets – Golden Rhythm in Saanich August 9, 2017