2017 Golden Beet Trial Seeded
Tuesday May 9th was a beautiful day in Vancouver to breath some fresh farm air and seed 3 replicates of 8 golden beet varieties! We carefully measured out the plots, placed the correct stakes in as per the map we created. We randomized the order of the varieties between plots and replicates to ensure no human biases are present in our scientific study. We then seeded with care (2 rows per plot) and covered up the rows. We also planted a buffer row to protect our study and seeded the rest of the field with other beets and carrots for regular sale at the UBC farm.
We then got some lovely spring rain the past couple of days and I can’t help think about the effect of the water on our little seeds in the ground! Grow seeds grow!
Newsletter Sign up
Recent Blog Posts
- Harvesting Carrot Seed October 26, 2017
- Carrots Harvested! October 26, 2017
- Leeks, Rust and Frogs October 26, 2017
- BC Seed Gathering – BC Seed Trials Tour at UBC Farm October 15, 2017
- Gleaning from the Variety Showcase October 9, 2017